Thursday, December 16, 2004

Who let my blog out?

Happy Victory Day of Bangladesh.

Due to my ongoing monthlong exam, I can't keep pace with my regular online tasks: reading weblogs around, googling, writing emails, so-called social networking and so on.

Today while I was checking my site statistics, I found most of the visitors coming here from a specific link. Ah, Asia Blog Awards 2004 voting started, I see! And you'll be shocked that Notes from Dystopia has nominated under Best Bangladeshi/Sri Lankan Blog category. Other nominated Bangladeshi blogs are:

- Busy Minds in a Lazy Shell
- Insert Clever Title Here
- Moodlogic
- The 3rd World View
- The Color of Rain

Yes, I have the same question. Why is my blog there? Well, don't be puzzled. Just think non-negative. The answer is blowing in my mind. [Hint: To find the best one, sometimes we need to compare with the worst one. That's why... Voila!]

I prefer The 3rd World View, a personal blog with the sense of e-journalism, maintained by Rezwan.

His writing are balanced between personal belief and a journalistic view; content is well-written and easy-to-understand for the international audience. The con, as a surfer I felt, is its blog design. He uses so many free stuffs & links in a single page, viewers might get pointless.

Moodlogic, another Bangladeshi blog by Wamy, has more or less the similar flavor of The 3rd World View. This blog design is ergonomic enough. I like his writing style except some of his politically-slanted articles.

Well, you can help my another friend, Qeta, by Inserting a Clever Title Here. Interesting blog where every post is untitled. Her writing is grammatically correct with a dramatic approach. Beside reading her candid daily log, test your English vocabulary at the same time. :)

Busy Minds in a Lazy Shell is a busy blog by Kazi Rubaiat Imam. Frequently updated. Text written in a most informal way. Unlike Qeta, like me, he ignores the blogger knowledge of grammar.

And don't miss the Color of Rain. A Bangladeshi teenager, Nashat, shares her life and adventures there decently. Well-written posts.

Okay. Now vote, explore and discover other blogs in Asia!

Related Links
# List of Bangladeshi blogs (compiled by Rezwan)
# Weblog Awards 2004
# Asia Blogs Award 2004
# Best blogs in Asia Directory

4 comments:

BD said...

Apart from yours and qeta's blog I like the "Third World View" ...its really nice.
But yeah...who let the blogs out?????

Ishtiaque Zico said...

Thanks BD, I appreciate your liking!

And keep exploring! Hopefully you'll identify the person who let the blog(s) out! :)

Rikhi said...

Congratulations! :D

Anonymous said...

Istiaque bro...are you from Bangladesh?? I mean really your blog is outta this world man and i dont think BD ppl are that much involved in Blogging yet....oh well can you tell me how can i enlist my NIFTY(heh heh prediction is better than reason,you check it out if you wish...) blog at such blogging competitions??? And can i add you in my blog roll too??I'll soon have my classmates at Notredame added to my new blog too?? so waht do ya say?